#23 Things Digital - Thing 2 - Open Badges

 SSSC23things - digital

Well here I am again and it’s now the end of January 2021 and I’m just getting back into studying for the year.  I find the SSSC Badges a great and varied way of learning from writing a Reflective Account to keeping up to date on new practices and ideas for my day to day working in the Health & Social Care Sector.

I’m a Deputy Manager and one of my main roles is training needs, mandatory annual updates and trying to engage all levels and roles in the Care Home, is very difficult.  I have found the use of SSSC Badges invaluable and everyone of my Carer colleagues has an account and have over the past 3 years managed to achieve a few of the badges.

I think it is a fantastic modern way to encourage some of my co-workers to not be frightened of computers and typing their Reflective Accounts rather than writing them, we do after all live in a digital age that is ever changing.  The year 2020 really proved how vitally important being digitally connected is both in the workplace and at home, I have used Zoom for a few years now but in the past year I could say I have almost used it daily to connect to other Care Homes, take part in vital NHS Webinars, Near Me medical consultations and connect with my colleagues.

SSSC Badges have been vital in spreading the word how easy it is to read, learn and take part in the vast subject choices, as I work in a Care Home I have asked my Care colleagues to focus on H&SC Badges initially.

All Carers have completed the Getting Started Badges and all Senior Carers worked through the Medication Modules and we used these to refresh and compliment our drug administration techniques in 2020 as the regular Chemist could not visit us in person.  I have also based Supervision sessions around the SSSC Badges asking staff to reflect on how easy the Badge instructions are and that they could all work at their own pace.

I would like to further develop my Digital and IT skills and would recommend that everyone achieves the 23 Things Digital learning and support Badges and I am definitely aiming to develop a 23 Things resource for my workplace - perhaps compiling 23 Things that relate to Personal Care, Well-being, Activities, etc., which would help or maybe become part of our induction into care process.

I would definitely recommend SSSC Badges to anyone who has a love of learning and who likes to do this in a completely different way, more relaxed and at your own pace, the SSSC explain every Badge step by step - it’s a great learning resource.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SSSC 23 Things Digital - Badge 3 - Why Digital?

#23 Things Digital - Thing 4 - Digital Footprint

The Magic of the Digital Age